We can work with local people to help them identify and recognise assets within their communities.
An asset is any of the following:
- The practical skills, knowledge, talents and networks of local people
- The passions and interests of local people that give them energy for change
- The networks and connections known as social capital in a community, including friendships and neighbourliness
- The effectiveness of local community and voluntary associations
- The resources of public, private and voluntary organisations that are available to support a community
- The physical and economic resources of a place that enhance wellbeing
We use participative and inclusive approaches to involve people and focus on the asset-based ethos which is about recognising what is good in an area as a foundation to build upon.
You can see some examples of creative asset mapping HERE.